LINE COOKS NEEDED for Downtown Fusion Restaurant (Palm Springs)
compensation: depends on experience; $13 to $18 per hour + tips; no benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Head Chef, Restaurant Manager
We are seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our team at a brand-new restaurant and bar in downtown Palm Springs! Our restaurant will serve Italian, Central European, and American cuisine with breakfast specialties. As a Line Cook, you will be essential to the restaurant’s daily operations and will be called on to cook and prepare delicious foods and beverages under the direction of the Restaurant Manager and the Head Chef. You will thrive in a fast-paced, upbeat, and classy environment. You will love where you work!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and stock food items and other necessary supplies.
• Prepare food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
• Cook food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
• Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
• Clean and sanitize cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
• Perform inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
• Be available to work all weekends and all evenings Thursday through Sunday
Required Line Cook Qualifications / Skills:
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
• Ability to work as a team member
• Follows directions and instructions
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
• Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
• Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
• Familiar with industry best practices
• ServSafe certification
• California Food Handlers’ Card
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Certificate in Culinary Arts
• Demonstrated knowledge of culinary techniques and practices
• Understanding of menu and recipe development techniques
• Strong leadership abilities
• Ongoing awareness of culinary trends
• Understanding of health and sanitation laws
• Excellent knife-handling skills
• Applied wine and beverage knowledge
• Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
• Experience with cooking traditional Italian cuisine
• Experience with cooking Central European cuisine
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers