Greets patients and visitors and serves as the first point of contact at the center. Answers general questions regarding appointments or refers questions to the correct source within the center regarding medical or financial matters. Portrays patience, understanding, kindness and professionalism at all times.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Medical Assistant Certificate
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Good Telephone, computer, and typing skills. Medical Manager preferred.
• Experience as medical receptionist – 1 year required
• Ability to sit, stand, and communicate to patients and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintenance of patient charts: All new patients must have:
A. Patient demographics (including checking the ½ sheet against the patient registration)
B. Insurance information
C. Current Insurance verification
D. Copy of patient’s photo I.D., and insurance card, front and back.
E. Finalize chart by completion of Front Desk Checklist.
• All new patient referrals must be scheduled within 72 hours of arrival.
o Detailed notes must be written on intake form documenting all attempts to reach patients.
• Faxes- process all incoming faxes
o Incoming treatment authorizations must be sent immediately via email to the auth group for review
• Insurance eligibility must be verified
o All consult appointments must be verified at the time the appointment is scheduled
o All treatment patients must be verified at least once per treatment month
o All follow-up patients must be verified prior the week prior to the appointment, or at the time the appointment is made if appointment is made for same day or next day
• Maintain doctors’ schedule of visits
• Enter hospital consultations and obtain dictation for hospital visits
o Register & add hospital patients to schedule ASAP and notify the coder
o Request Hospital records
• Obtain all required diagnostic films and reports, pathology reports, etc., that are needed for the new patients and re-evaluations.
o The nurse will double check the schedule to check for any missing items
• Verify follow-up patient’s demographics on each visit.
o Confirm demographics and insurance by printing out the encounter form for the patient to sign and update as needed
• Manage all incoming phone calls and transfer to the appropriate person as in the Radiation Oncologist, Therapists, Nurse Etc. If the person is unable to take the call, an accurate message must be taken and given to the specific individual in a timely fashion.
o Transfer calls for nurse, take messages
o Transfer all patients with medical/clinical questions and concerns to the nurse
• Front desk Personnel also are responsible for the day-to-day filing/scanning of all patient information.
o Incoming radiology reports only for non-new patients need to go to the nurse
o Front desk to scan all other documents and assign to Doctor for electronic review in EMR.
o Dictation (Xylomed) must be processed daily- all staff review pending items must be addressed daily.
• Maintains attendance according to scheduled days and hours and uniform and appearance standards, according to company policy.
• Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by state/federal law where applicable.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers